Visit Karlovy Vary, the legendary Czech spa town which dates back all the way to the 14th century. Ever since it was founded by Charles IV., many famous historical figures from Mozart to Goethe and even Vladimir Lenin have come to share in its culture, as well as in the miraculous healing waters of its springs.
On this all-day bus trip, you will discover why Karlovy Vary is considered to be the cultural jewel of Central Europe firsthand. First, we will visit the world-class Moser glassworks – the company that best exemplifies the centuries-long tradition of crystal and glass crafting in Bohemia. There you will actually watch the workmen in action and learn more about the rare art of artisan glass making.
After having lunch at a local restaurant, we will then move on to the heart of the town itself. With our guide you will explore the gorgeous 19th century Colonnade, built in the Art Noveau style, that cuts through the picturesque center of Karlovy Vary. Along the way, you will follow in the footsteps of emperors by experiencing for yourself the ever-present hot springs that have healed people for over half a thousand years. The rich mineral taste may put some people off, but your body will thank you later! And if you find that when you reach the end of the trip you are still craving another kind of "mineral water", then you will also have an opportunity to try the local Becherovka, a famous Czech herbal liqueur. The recipe is a tightly-kept family secret, but the outcome is delicious.
No visit to Karlovy Vary would be complete however without seeing "Vřídlo", the town´s best-known spring and a natural wonder which constantly spouts boiling water up to a height of 12 meters. The guide will also explain the cultural relevance of Karlovy Vary to the Czech Republic today – the list of famous celebrities that have visited the town is by no means limited to past historical figures! You will learn about the huge variety of cultural events, particularly the famous film festival (which is in fact the third oldest in the world) that still continues to attract household names from all around the world.
All in all, by the time you are back on the bus and heading to Prague, you will have a new awareness and appreciation of this unique gem of culture and relaxation in Central Europe.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by modern bus with WiFi
- USB charger
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- English speaking guide. German, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian is available upon request.
- Local phone support with English speaking consultants
- Local fees and VAT
- Child rates from 3 to 11 years (incl.). Free access for infants below 3 years.
- Tour is always operated in English, but commentary might be given in other language too.
- The tour departs at 9:00 am from the Prague Main Train Station at Wilsonova 8. Hotel pick ups commence prior to this time.
- Please kindly note that a moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Tour is not accessible for wheelchairs.
- Prague Main Railway Station, Wilsonova 8. You are advised to come 10 minutes before boarding time.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 36 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you cancel later than 36 hour before the start date of your experience or in case of no-show refund will not be possible.