Take a trip down south to Český Krumlov, one of the best-preserved little towns in the modern Czech Republic. Discover why the whole historical centre of Český Krumlov is listed in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List as you explore this unique architectonic jewel on our day trip from Prague.
We begin the day trip in the morning from Prague, and we take you in a comfortable, air-conditioned bus to the south of the country. After having a lunch at a local restaurant, we will head out to explore the romantic town of Český Krumlov. There our guide will help you unlock the beauty of this picturesque locale, with its beautiful winding streets and little baroque houses. It’s not for nothing that many couples choose to get married here, and honestly you could hardly find a more genuinely romantic spot on the planet. (Try not to fall in love with the tour guide though!)
During the tour you will also get a chance to visit the interior spaces of the largest chateau in the Czech Republic, which is the one that overlooks the town of Český Krumlov and has always traditionally been the seat of the lords of this place. Not only will you be surprised at its beauty, but also at the fact that to this day there are still living bears in the moat below! An integral part of the chateau’s surroundings are also the baroque gardens and the uniquely preserved revolving theatre, where you will learn how the generations of the past used ingenious engineering to enjoy dramatic spectacles.
Throughout the tour, you will breathe in the great history of all these amazing places, and we hope that you will come to appreciate the slightly different lifestyle of the south of Bohemia, where many say that life moves a bit slower than in Prague. At the end of the day we will return to Prague, and you will be able to judge for yourself whether the locals are right in saying that the charm of Český Krumlov outranks even that of Prague.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by modern bus with WiFi
- USB charger
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- English speaking guide. German, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian is available upon request.
- Local phone support with English speaking consultants
- Local fees and VAT
- Food and beverage above the described above
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child rates from 3 to 11 years (incl.). Free access for infants below 3 years.
- Tour is always operated in English, but commentary might be given in other language too.
- The tour departs daily at 12:30 pm from the Prague Main Train Station at Wilsonova 8. Hotel pick ups commence prior to this time.
- Please kindly note that a moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Tour is not accessible for wheelchairs.
- Prague Main Railway Station, Wilsonova 8. You are advised to come 10 minutes before boarding time.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 48hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you cancel later than 48 hour before the start date of your experience or in case of no-show refund will not be possible.